BONUS INTERVIEW PODCAST: Erin Doland from Unclutterer.com (subtitle: How Not to Get Divorced Before You Get Married - Decluttering and Moving In Together)
In this Coffee Chat with Experts, we meet Erin Doland from Unclutterer.com. We Learn:
* How the Unclutterer Got Started, including all about Mazes of Stuff and the Bud Lite Bottle rising from the Dead/Rubbermaid Coffin (cue scary music);
* How to terrorize soon-to-be-husbands (N.B.: Mazes of stuff will do it);
* Dealing kindly with a Packrat;
* How to start the decluttering process, be dispassionate, and communicate;
* Two great ways to diminish the “mine v. yours” struggle;
* How to discuss what “Simple Living” means to each of you and how to imagine living together as one;
* Your Toaster or Mine: How to deal when the space won’t hold it all (especially two of everything);
* Who are You, Really: What new and exciting thoughts you could entertain about decluttering and how not to drag the anchor of the Old You, along with all of her dead/post energy and stories, into your new life; and
* A whole lot more!
I hope you enjoy this podcast, and please let me know if there are other experts you might like to hear interviewed on our Coffee Chats. We sure had fun doing it - you might just listen to give you a smile!
Here are the links to Erin’s two interviews on the Precision Change podcast: Tired of the Crap? Become an Unclutterer! and What is Clutter Costing You? Just to have it all in one place, here is the summary link to all the uncluttering entries I’ve made on the website. If you have my book, you know that the entire Chapter 1 is dedicated to this topic… You can’t release your Inner Bond Girl if you can’t find her under the Piles of Stuff!!!
If you have comments on this episode, call the Listener Comment Voicemail at +1 (206) 350-3537, e-mail sandy [at] beabondgirl [dot] com or leave a comment below.
Click the red button below to listen.